Sunday, June 9, 2024

Day 9 ICAD Hopeful


Day 9 - One more sleep before I have my operation and get my tumour removed tomorrow.  I have to be at the hospital at 0830 for admission, I checked my on line patient portal and I see that the operation is scheduled for 1030, it is anticipated that the operation will take 4 hours, 1 hour in recovery, some time to be spent in ICU then finally to my room for the next 5 days.  If all goes well, I’ll be home after that.  So I’ll be “off the air” so to speak and won’t be making anything for sometime.  I anticipate that I’ll feel good enough to see everybody’s posts here. 

Here is my “heart of hope” where I used another bleeding tissue background.  I had this piece of wool roving for ages and ages; I should have spent more time needle felting my heart shape.  Oh well, I do like the puffiness around the stitches.  I liked the silk square so much that I added some matching bright pink beads in the heart.  

I’m “hopeful” that the surgeon can remove the whole tumour and I won’t need further treatments (chemotherapy or radiation).  I don’t think my hope will be realized but I believe that I need to maintain a belief that it could be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment