Thursday, August 1, 2024

My first Coptic bound sketchbook

I DID IT!  I made my first Coptic bound sketchbook.  I watched a tutorial by Lindsay, The Frugal Crafter on U-Tube.  This actually took me several days as I had to do a work around because I don’t have the exact products she used.  I don’t have mat board so I used an unwanted book that was “close” to the size of my paper.  I don’t have the fancy crocodile gizmo she had to make holes in the book board so I used my Japanese screw punch, I couldn’t find my bookbinding thread so I used crochet cotton and waxed it myself (of course, I found it afterwards).  I used the mixed media paper from this book that I cannibalised awhile back.  It’s a bit “Lucy goosey” but it does lay flat.  I know I will make more and I’ll improve my skill.  I invite you to check out this tutorial if you have been wanting to give this a go. 

Health Update:  I’m still not sleeping through the night but I’m able to get back to sleep.  The weight on my chest is much reduced and it’s mostly just feels weird.  I can feel where the weight was, it’s like it has been imprinted into my flesh.  It sometimes causes enough discomfort that I still take a Tylenol at night time.  When I touch my chest with my palm it feels weird too; sensitive in places and numb in others. When we were away I had to get my husband to drive me to a store to pick up a sports bra to capture “the girls”.   Apparently they don’t like to be jiggled.  When dudes have by-pass surgery they don’t usually have to think about that so I didn’t get the heads up from my hubby.  I still get the odd jolting pain so I’m not driving yet.  I’m not napping during the day anymore but I do rest when I feel the need.  And of course, some days are better than others but it’s mostly “pretty good, not bad, I can’t complain”! (I think that’s from a John Prine song). 



No comments:

Post a Comment