Saturday, May 25, 2024

Stapled hems

No prompt- I hope I’m not the only one who has had to think up something that might work really quickly.  I WANTED to wear these new pants!  then I realized the error of my ways, I hadn’t checked to see what the leg length was like.   When I did yesterday, I knew it was too late for me to sew the hems properly. 

Then a memory popped into my head, I’ve done this before!  The first time I did it was on a hem that had fallen down on a skirt while at work.  I don’t know what prompted me to use the stapler but it was all there was at hand. 

I used pencil crayons ( strange, my Prismacolors aren’t as soft as I remember) and watercolour. However, I turned the stapler over so I got just the 2 humps showing and not the long bar of the stapler.  Not that I was worried that people would actually notice my hem since I’m a woman “of a certain age” and hems just aren’t that important.  So I figured, once again, I was safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment