Tuesday, May 28, 2024

A sole rubbing

A few days ago, I was about to throw out a pair of old sandals.  These were shoes that are battered enough that can’t be given away.  The soles caught my eye so I kept one.  I tried to put paint on the soles with a brayer but I didn’t like the marks it left. On the paper.  Then , yesterday I wondered what a rubbing would look like.  I used my 9B Lyra chubby graphite crayon, it didn’t give me super dark marks but it does give way more interesting detail.  I like it much better and will have to make more rubbings with it before the sandal hits the garbage. 

HEALTH UPDATE:  Sadly, I must report that my surgery has been postponed to June 10!!!!! I know the reason but it certainly doesn’t make the wait any easier.  I’m so freaking disappointed! Okay, whining over, turning the page (so to speak). 


No comments:

Post a Comment