Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Virtual meeting with surgeon

This is what I wore while we spoke to the surgeon during the zoom meeting yesterday.  Once that was done I turned to my sketchbook with the intention of drawing my new mark making tool that I got from the lung capacity test I took some time ago.   The nurse didn’t bat an eyebrow when I asked to keep it; she said she was going to throw it away.  I didn’t like what I saw on the page so I added a nose; because I thought it needed context.  I didn’t like that so I switched the the camera on my iPad and added myself into the drawing.  This resulted in my face getting too long.  Oh well, I made a page. I cut the blue plastic and used some acrylic paint to stamp on to the page.

Health Update: We had an interesting zoom call with the surgeon yesterday.  He explained the procedure for my operation and told me about the incision on my chest.  It isn’t going to be vertical like my husband had for his double bypass surgery.  It will be horizontal but I will have a small wire to tie my breast bone back together.  He said that he has a vascular surgeon on standby but after looking at my CT scan he thinks that the tumour isn’t attached to the “superior vena cava” of my heart.  They may need to put in a patch and not have to replace the vein.  I found out what material thry use for this.  I may need radiation again afterwards but he doesn’t want to talk much about that yet since at this juncture the most important thing is removing the tumour (getting rid of hopefully all the cancer).  So it looks like June 5th is going to be a full day for me even though I probably won’t be awake to see it or high in pain meds.  Anyway, I’m happy that I’m moving forward and not standing still. 


No comments:

Post a Comment