Friday, April 9, 2010

Reclamation Project


I'm on holidays and I decided that it is time that I finished up some of the many "unfinished" projects that I have had on the go! I know, it is shocking but nevertheless so very true. I am "one of them"!

So for the last few days, I took it upon myself to finish a proto-type that I had started for the year-long project challenge for members of the Marmalade group! I hadn't liked the way it was going so I shoved it in a bag.

As it happens I had the mat and the frame has been cluttering around my workspace for years. Viola! I had a chance to use a RED frame. What was I thinking when I bought that thing? I have absolutely no idea!

I had named my project - The Reclamation Project - because I wanted everyone to make beautiful art from reclaimed materials. Of course, art is in the eye of the beholder but I think that this example demonstrates what I meant. Here I used old men's silk ties, painted coffee filters, painted dryer sheets and beads from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment