Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dominoes


My Dad's condition worsens with each passing day and now I am trying to cojole him into agreeing that pain medication is alright. In this day and age, there is no need to feel pain. I don't know but he might just want to "feel" something. I just got upset to see that he was not feeling well and frustrated when he wouldn't let the nursing staff give him the medications that would help.

I ahve not been keeping this art journal up because I haven't been doing too much. I started a simple project but I don't have all of the supplies so can't finish it. I really think that these are fun and easy to do and love the fact that I was able to find the dominos at the Good Will. I have never seen this white type of plastic domino so was thrilled to use them instead of the "adult" ones that I found. I think the children ones are cute too because they have great colours that cold be used as pendants all on their own.

Here is a picture of my prototypes. I used Ranger Inks and applied the ink using the applicator (sold separately). I then used some Triple Thick coating that I got at Micheal's. I found a website that had a bit of a tutorial but I couldn't get what she recommended as a sealer but I think that this product does the trick.

I don't really like the effect of the stamp on the one domino; it is just too thin and insignificant, so I will have to change that. I had run out of ink on the applicator and decided that I didn't mind the mottled effect but I should have inked the sides of the domino to make it appear "complete".

No comments:

Post a Comment