Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Where did summer go?

Wow!  It has happened once again!  Time has sped up and flown by! I can feel fall already and nature's harvest is becoming more apparent.


These wild grapes are ready for picking!!!  I will be heading out shortly to do just that!  I am in a jam making mood.   I am itching to get out there and get started.

I have been enjoying using Instagram lately!  I just love some of the fabulous photographs that people post there.  Amazing really!!

Here is a quick sketch that I water coloured overtime the Sharpie pen marks.  It has been such a long time since I have been able to find the time to put my pen to paper that I was just so thrilled to have done this very small drawing.  I can be negative about all of the mistakes that are clearly visible but I can't beat myself up too much since I am so very "out of practice"!



I was leafing through a Vogue magazine and found this model with an intriguing face!  Of course, this isn't the exact replica of her face since I drew this free hand because I just wanted to get some marks down on the page but I was happy never-the-less!  I have touched it up a bit more to darken the hair and the jacket.  I can't hide most of the unwanted marks so there is not much point even going there at all.

I had a watercolour paint set for quite some time that I had never used.  I got it out and was happy with most of the colour.  Not to thrilled about the skin tone but I will have to work on my painting skills as well as the drawing.  Regardless, I had fun!!

So off I go now to get my supplies together and get canning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment