Friday, January 23, 2015

Missing the Sun and Sand of St Lucia

I am so proud of myself for actually documenting my holiday in my sketchbook! I wanted to do it and I accomplished my goal!

Here is a page I started and completed while we were laying on the beach on our last day!





I never think of taking a snap of the room-a hotel room is just a hotel room to me but.... I found that drawing and painting it so very different!


I really love these strange flowers - Birds of Paradise! I drew and painted it in the open air lobby at Smugglers Cove Resort, St Lucia. I had some of the employees at the resort come by to have a look and they were nice enough to make positive comments.


I'm getting a little more confident about making art in public. I just have to remind myself that this is my sketchbook and there is no intention that it be "fine art"! I simply want to document my life!

I'm so happy that I signed up for an on-line art class at Sketchbook Skool. Check it out, the course is definitely worth the money!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment