Saturday, November 7, 2015

I can remember a time when I would say that traveling meant I couldn't and wouldn't make art; making art was something I did at home or alone. SBS has slowly changed the relationship I have with my art and with my family and friends. All for the better too; I'm slowly learning how to "get over myself"! 

A few days ago I was visiting a friend and we were invited to dinner at her aunts house.  Aunt Connie is 88 years young and she has so many cool photographs and paintings in her foyer I decided to draw a few. She was happy to tell me about them and she loved that my visit to her house was important enough to be drawn in my sketchbook. 

Here are some of the dilapidated cabins and covered bridges from New Brunswick and Cape Breton (Canada 🍂🍁🍂). I am so happy that I can look at this page and recall my visit and our chat. 

I think I will leave this as it is even though a bit of colour would be fun too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment