Friday, September 16, 2016

Making Poinsettia's for my foster daughter

I sponsor a child in Bolivia and I am in the process of getting her Christmas gift and card ready.  When I get an idea, I jump on it while the idea is fresh and still percolating!  I have to send it early because it takes several months to go through the process of getting from here to there. 

The dark flower is made using a tea bag and a book text underlay. I used Inktense pencils for the paint. The larger bright one was painted directly on to vintage book text with Crayola Pip Squeaks markers. Bother were highlighted with gold marker and sprayed with gold glitter. 

I would like to make one more and I think I will go back to the cheap Crayola markers even if there is bleed through the paper underlay. I used matte gel medium to adhere the layers! 

The bottom one is a transfer of colour when the Intense pencils bleed-through the tea bag. I think I'll cut it out and stick it in my sketchbook. I want my flowers to be of different sizes for my mail out so I have one more to make. 





No comments:

Post a Comment