Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Meet Aoife from Ireland - Drawing #3 and first time with paint in preparation for my final drawing and painting to send my muse her portrait in the mail.


I'm throwing convention out the window and leaving my pencil lines under my watercolour.  I haven't done manny watercolour portraits so I'm happy with this.  Next time I'll add less dark graphite marks.  However, I couldn't seem to lift the paint off my paper with my brush.  I must look for  harder bristled one and see if that works. I'll have to be cognizant of that with the unknown fibre content of the "canvas" that Sktchy sent to me for the Secret Santa exchange.


First time using this sketchbook, a Fabriano Venezia book.  It has 90 lb drawing paper that I like the feel of but with that one exception.  Koi watercolours pocket field sketch box. 




No comments:

Post a Comment