Sunday, July 8, 2018

Vintage cigarette tin travel gouache palette

I’m so thrilled that I was able to finished today’s index card (in this case 2 equals 1).  We drove the 2.5 hours home after having breakfast with the family and putting everything away here at home. 


I bought this vintage cigarette tin at a market just outside of Sauble Beach where we were vacationing.  I had it in my mind that this was the perfect tin for me! 


I am so happy that my gouache palette fits inside being that they are contact lens cases.  The paints are still soft after a week (being mixed with gum arabic).  This is not a traditional set up but I just love the fact that I will not have to worry when they do dry out and crumble. The lids protect the paint.  However one set of contact lens tops are different from the others and sit up a bit too high.  A rubber band fixes that until I get a solution.  So this is a work in progress.  I’ll report back after our next trip. 


I had to hinge my card with paper tape.






No comments:

Post a Comment