Wednesday, September 19, 2018

King Herbert the Chicken

I’ve not been able to create art much lately- every thing in dribs and drabs! Today I had time so voila- totally inspired by an advertisement for Italian wine in a free magazine.  However, I made my noble chicken “King of the Run”.  I loved the claymation movie when it came out (seems like ages ago now).  The background was started days ago and it has masking tape, old dictionary paper, sewing pattern paper, music paper, part of a gold coloured post-it note and the sticker from the apple I ate today. Then I stamped off some paint from the gel plate in orange and green. Herbert was drawn with Copic multi liner brush (s) and painted with gouache.  More masking tape for the collar of his shirt so I could stick down the lace.  I have a chicken wire stencil but I wanted to use it like a stamp do I got my gel plate out and got to work.  Stickles glitter glue on top of Copic multi-liner and red Sharpie for King lettering. 


It all started because I wanted to hide a mess that I inadvertently made using too much water on the previous page.  Yup, I had fun today.




No comments:

Post a Comment