Sunday, April 7, 2019

Creta historical museum

Believe it or not, we went to yet another museum yesterday here in Crete!! No drawing done there since we were using the audio guide so I stuck the tickets in my sketchbook instead.  We saw more El Greco art there.  I hadn’t realized that he had been born in Heraklion Crete when we saw his work in Toledo Spain. 


On the way to the museum we walked along the waterfront and met a fisherman who was selling his “catch”; shells and sea sponges. Of course I had to buy one! 


Since being a tourist is such a hard job we had to have a libation and a bit to eat afterwards.  I created my page there while we rested. The best French fries ever and halloumi fried cheese on a pita like bread and tomato with some green.  Delicious!  The restaurant gave us some dessert on the house and I tried my first local “raki” drink. 


A great day all told until we left in the pouring rain like I have never seen before.  We had our rain coats on but my shoes and purse were soaked!  Luckily my sketchbook didn’t get wet!!








No comments:

Post a Comment