Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Postcard Swap -One

I’m a bit bored with Inktober so I decided to do a graphite and coloured pencil drawing for an art postcard exchange I’ve joined.  If you are interested, check out Hanna Andersson website (www dot ihanna dot nu for information). 


I found a cheap pencil at the dollar store with 2mm lead so I thought I would give it a go.  Ugh, I didn’t realize it until today that it is a B! I’m a 2B girl.  Oh well, I just wanted to prove to myself that you don’t have to have “every” art supply in the world to make art.  Truth is, the quality of the graphite is less than stellar; very scratchy.  I think I will have to soon go and get a 2B by Staedtler (my favourite graphite brand). Hopefully they do make a 2B. 


There are a few areas I will have to tweak now that I see it through the eye of the camera but overall I’m happy.  The wonky areas are too far gone to fix at this juncture.  Once I seal it it will be ready to mail.


With thanks to Sktchy app for the muse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment