Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sketchbook Skool Mixed Media Week 2

I’ve dabbled with mixed media but never successfully. I did a background in May and left it until I watched Seth’s videos, then I got to work!  Thanks so much for a peek into your process. So funny but I can’t seem to work “linear”.  I lived a straight and narrow life for 37 years when I worked for a paramilitary organization. Now that I’ve begun my new chapter, it just isn’t in me to think that way.  Clearly I’m a bit all over the map. 


I found two colours of chalk paint that I got in a clearance bin some time ago. My favourite part of my page was how I finally was able to integrated the magazine image and remake it into “leaves” in a vase! The best part was it just turned out that way but with the pale green added a nice patina to “earthenware” vase!


 I used some scrapbook paper, a packing tape transfer, washi tape, book text, bits of a music sheet,  a photocopy of a hand written letter (play), lots of doodling and added a drawing of a bee. 


I’ve been called “B” back in the day (once upon a time) but I morphed it into Be Here Be Now, Just Be! That is definitely what I learned; if I play I’m in the here and now! At least the way I felt when I finished this two page spread.  My only regret is my spacing in the text but it is what it is, time to turn the page and move along. 


I finished this late yesterday afternoon but by that time it was too dark to photograph.





No comments:

Post a Comment