Sunday, January 12, 2020

Self Portrait Sunday

Another self portrait.  Today I used a mono printing gel plate (by Gelli Arts).  I’m thrilled with the process but not over the moon with my results today but that is okay.  This is my fifth day giving this a go and I think I will move on to something new before I try this technique again.  I followed a tutorial in an on line class I’m taking but there is a similar video (but not on portraiture) by Birgit Koopsen who works for the Gelli Arts company (as far as I know). 

Drawing is done on the gel plate using a cheap black alcohol marker.  At first, I just used regular student grade Liquitex Basics paints but I switched to Golden OPEN acrylic paint (because I have them already and use them on the plate).  One thing about this technique is ...... you never know for sure what you are going to get when you pull the print! 

I like making and receiving mail art so this selfie is on an envelope that will be going out next week to Chantal in France. 

Cheers all, Happy Sunday!!



This is what my painting on the plate looked like before I pulled the print.




No comments:

Post a Comment