Monday, August 17, 2020

Coyotes

This page took a long time to complete. I drew the coyote from a Pixabay reference after it happened. Then..... I had to figure out how I wanted to depict this on the page.   Anyway this spread evolved very slowly.  That night I thought the coyotes were really close to the house. The leader kept calling them and the pack was yipping and yelping and then there was silence.  We have seen skat in the laneway many times but there wasn’t any when I looked the next day. 

I heard the coyotes yipping the other day as well........during the day!!  Very unusual!! It took a few more seconds and I heard an ambulance siren and put it together.  We don’t hear ambulances much in the boondocks. 

I used Liquitex acrylic gouache in my Moleskine sketchbook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment