Sunday, December 27, 2020

Selfie Sunday

Selfie Sunday- Obvious to all that it has been a “meh” kind of year, so I thought grey scale is appropriate for my last selfie portrait for 2020. The year started out great, my husband and I had a lovely 10 day winter vacation in Rio de Janeiro.  Four days after our return, my husband took ill and was on a ventilator for 8 days and in the hospital for 20 (not COVID related). That took care of the month of February.  He convalesced at our daughters house and when we returned home in March, we were in lockdown.  We have seen our family twice this year, once in March and once in August.  Since it is actually grey scale outside the window today, there is another good reason for the grey (besides it matches the opposite page). 
I used black matte craft paint and white gesso.  I used my Pentel pocket brush pen for the drawing and forgot to let it dry so there a bit of smudging.  In the end, I decided that I just had to add a bit of colour.  



No comments:

Post a Comment