Wednesday, March 17, 2021

First hand made case bound book

This is my first case bound sketchbook that I have made.  This is a prototype so I just used cheap 140 lb watercolour paper and the cover was made from the cardboard off the watercolour paper pad.  I used Kraft polka dotted paper on the cover (because it is what I had around) and acrylic ink and paint for the spine and the end papers.  I found a cute sticker from Redbubble and put it on the front.  I used a “kettle stitch”tutorial by SeaLemon on Utube to bind  my text block together.  Dug out my bookbinding glue and voila! Lots of mistakes but I’m happy with this regardless.  7.5” X 11” is a larger format for me!  The next time I make one, I’m going to have to remember what I liked and disliked about the process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment