Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Island Princess

Ugh! I had to go to town today and had some time left over so I went down to the Port of Orillia for the first time since the pandemic.

This is a background story about the Island Princess.  It use to do yours around Lake Couchiching and Lake Simcoe.  The previous owner sold it to a fella from a town not too far from here on Georgian Bay (Lake Huron).  The new owner thought he could have dinner cruises on Georgian Bay.  Seemingly he neglected to do his homework; you can’t use a flat bottomed boat on the Great Lakes system!  The waves can become way too big for this type of boat to manoeuvre in. 

Now it sells ice cream and on Friday and Saturday night they serve finger foods and alcoholic drinks under the blue tarp at the back.  And yes, I had some ice cream.  But is no longer leaves port.  Very sad. 

So bummed that I didn’t have my regular art supplies with me (I had cleaned out my car to get my A/C fixed.  So I decided to stop whining and just use the pencil crayons I had.  Yup, I’m glad I didn’t let the art supply issue stop me.  I did what I could with the time I had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment