Friday, January 20, 2023

Down memory lane

This is a walking down memory lane sort of spread.

Thant Electrolux was a metal beast and built like a tank.  I think my mother might have bought it from a door-to-door salesman! Memories are a curious thing; I had almost forgotten about it.  

Once upon a time a very long time ago, I skipped school with my friends.  I’m not sure who was there other than my best friend who lived close by.  I wasn’t allowed to have anyone in the house without permission but i did it anyway.  We had a nice fire going and a good time was had until it was late afternoon.  They went home and I had to clean up.  I thought I’d best clear out the fireplace so my mother wouldn’t know I had defied the rules. Foolishly, I sucked up the ashes not realizing that there were some hot coals underneath.  The evidence I tried to hide became clear when my parents came home from work.  The vacuum cleaner was prominently displayed in the snowbank at the front door.
Funny how I don’t recall what my punishment was but likely I was “grounded” for a period of time.  I was often grounded but then again I still “got away” with loads of stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment