Monday, May 22, 2023

Is it a cookie or a biscuit

During my convalescence, I’ve been leafing through some old sketchbooks.  I found this one that hasn’t been finished.  This page had acrylic paint added via the gel plate, I thought it would be fun to use it. 

I was nervous about driving to town yesterday as it was my first time since my surgery. I think my husband was even more nervous than I was.  Bertha was happy to be moving down the highway at a good speed.  I chose Sunday because the holiday traffic hadn’t started yet (it’s Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada).  Today, all the cottagers will be heading south in preparation for work tomorrow.

Anyway, all went well.  I bought some groceries that we didn’t need but was “wanted” when I saw them on the shelf.  I just had to try these because I remember liking Sultana cookies made with raisins.  I do love currants too (especially in my butter tart, much better than raisins!).  I may be wrong but I think the Sultana cookies might be from the US and these are from the UK. 

I still can’t sit at the kitchen table for long or spend a long time in the car (unless I sit in the backseat with my leg up) but I am getting better and I can spend a little bit longer than I did last week.  When my leg starts to burn, it’s time for ICE!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment