Sunday, August 13, 2023

Tornado warning

Environment Canada fanned out a mobile warning on my husband’s phone (what a racket!!!) warning of a potential tornado in our area.  It took 10 whole minutes for me to get the announcement.  I’ll be getting a new phone very soon because my battery keeps heating up!  

A couple of minutes later the rain started, then the deluge began.  It lasted for 45 minutes.  I’ve never seen sheets of water coming off our metal roof before.  This has been our wettest summer ever!!!

Then it occurred to me that there are 40,000 phones at the music festival north of us.  They would all have received the same alert with the same annoying ringing!  From what I understand, the fans were satisfied because Keith Urban ended up playing later.  Still, I can’t imagine sleeping in a tent after all that rain! 

There is something on the left I didn’t like so I put a piece of tracing paper over it.  Then I added watercolour overtop and that made it buckle. It doesn’t look great in the photo but I’m not bothered.  I probably should have left well enough alone. 

Just if you’re wondering it’s been raining off and on all morning.  The sun is trying to break free from the dirty grey clouds but so far without success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment