Saturday, October 14, 2023

UPPERCASE and silk

I only subscribe to one magazine that is published 4 times a year for the Creative and the Curious!! (I love that!). It is called UPPERCASE and issue 59 that I received this month has a segment of a paper pieced quilt on the front and back covers.  This inspiring magazine ships worldwide from Canada.  I can highly recommend!! 

I’m glad I thought of including this magazine here so that I document my fibre treasure that I found at the second hand shop.   I couldn’t believe that I would find Dupioni silk remnants in two baggies.  I hymned and hawed because I thought my old eyes were deceiving me.  I just love all the different colours.  Happy I bit the bullet and brought them home.  I love this material so much, back in the day I sewed a Nepalese-styled blouse with it.  Now to dream up a sewing project! 

Dear dear, I can see that my grammar and sentence structure is lacking on my page.  Oh well, I know what I mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment