Tuesday, December 5, 2023

New mini sketchbook

No time for art today.  I bound this little sketchbook that I made yesterday.  I used some paper from a spiral ringed sketchbook  (Bee paper) that I have never used.  I don’t like spiral binding so I’m happy to use the mixed media paper that is in it.  I used duct tape for the spine and heavy duty brown gift wrapping paper on a Cheerios cardboard box for the book.  I’ve never used it as gift wrap.  The cute sticker is from Redbubble. 

I’m posting this to show my bookbinding kit.  I just want to say that you don’t have to buy expensive bookbinding supplies.  I used a tailors awl from the fabric store, and waxed thread from Michael’s that I found in the bead isle (yes, I used my coupon).  I don’t know what kind of needle that is but it could be a large sized chenille (because the eye has to fit the chunky thread).  The elastic band is used to pull the needle through the sticky duct tape. 
Yeah, I should have made two signatures but I was lazy and in a rush to finish.  That meant I had to use my exacto knife to cut the ends off the pages to make them even.  It doesn’t close properly either but that’s okay; it will live in my purse and it does lay flat when open. 


No comments:

Post a Comment