Saturday, December 11, 2010

It is beginning to feel like.....


Yes, I'm beginning to get into the spirit of the season! I had some time and took my inspiration from Canadian Christmas stamps (having finally sent out a Christmas card to friend down east!).
I used some STAEDTLER watercolour crayons and some Lyra water soluble crayons. I have used the hard Staedtler crayons before and had enjoyed using them. I have used them in my regular Moleskin sketchbook by using gesso on the pages so that the water will not leak through the pages. This time I used both products and found that I like using the Lyra water soluble crayons because of there soft creamy texture. the one downside is that it is impossible to apply more colour on top due to the waxy finish. I will have to try to add Lyra on top of Lyra and see if there is a difference.


Of course, I can see now that I have applied the colour a bit more haphazard than I had originally thought. I thing that I need to use a template (a glass or jar would have done quite nicely) to make the round shapes. Oh well, I was working on a nightshift and I was just so happy to have "created" anything let alone create something that should be "perfect".

Regardless, this quick watercolour "sketch" makes me happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment