Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Zipper Rules


Ahhhhh! Just a quickie pencil sketch. This is a drawing of two things that were at hand while I was at work (slow nightshift!!). No, the zipper wasn't exactly a chance item since I had picked it up at the charity shop the day before in anticipation that the shift might be quiet and I could keep myself awake with a small project. It really is the only way to go when time drags endlessly and all of your thoughts are based on .... will this night shift "ever end"!!!??



I like this sketch just because it is a bit odd and the perspective is a "bit" off once again (bummer!). I had originally drawn the zipper but the page. seemed empty so I just added the ruler on the bottom. Had I planned out the page, I would have placed the zipper and ruler at a different juxtaposition that would have been a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Oh well, it was a night shift drawing and not intended to be a "piece of art" but a artistic way of passing the time and keeping myself awake and primed to "do my job"!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment