Monday, January 17, 2011

Turning a New Leaf

Honestly, I hadn't actually consciously thought about this when I drew it since often in the new year we are all interested in "turning a new leaf". I just had three leaves left over from fall. I had kept them aside because I loved their shape. I started it on the last day of December last year but didn't get it actually finished to my satisfaction until this new year.




However, it is quit poignant I think since I have wanted to be more diligent with my drawings. I have now decided that a "quick sketch" is better than no sketch. I'm a bit tardy with posting this but better late than never. In a round about way I'm trying to not say that I have NOT made a new years resolution to "do more art". If nothing else, to sketch more since it is important to make a mark on the page. But I am naught going to make new years resolutions because I am prone not to do this and set myself up for failure.

I try to keep the drawing within the confines of 4" x6" but this time the shadow took over and I had to extend it out into the margin. Really there is no problem there, in fact it makes me chuckle since I had to break my "drawing rule".


No comments:

Post a Comment