Sunday, March 6, 2011

Watermarking Photo's


I forgot that I need to watermark my photo's for 2011! It totally slipped my mind somehow.

So here is one where I have tried to have the watermark not be so.... in your face but it is definitely there and the photo would not likely be used by anyone else. At least, not as "the photo" in it's own right. That is all that I really want. we should already know by now that if something is on "the net" then it is "out there for all to see"!

So here is a little drawing that I completed yesterday; I wanted to draw something....anything because it has been awhile since I have. I have been concentrating on hand stitching in my "altered book birthday card" (to be shown here after completion). It was slow going at work yesterday morning so I had a bit of time to put my 2B pencil to a page in my sketchbook!





I think that this particular watermark is the best choice so far, it really is "just right". I'd like to thank one of the girls at work for mentioning that all the "professionals" use one similar to this. Okay, so I'm not a professional by any stretch but the truth is I would like to appear to be knowledgable about what is considered "professional".

I don't normally watermark my pencil drawings if I can apply my name somewhere but I was just doing this as a test especially over a lighter background.

As my art instructor said to me in university, I should not be so hard on myself when it comes to making art. I am so good at criticizing my work and I must constantly remind myself that I enjoyed the process of making art, therefore there really is little need to be so negative; besides, this is a quick drawing in a sketchbook!!!

Okay, so this is not the most fantastic picture but it still makes me smile! I do love garlic almost as much as I love onions, food does not taste right without one or the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment