Friday, May 11, 2012

Just a chance photograph

I am confirmed to take part in the next postcard swap!  Looking forward to participating once again and I have start to make my substrate and some of the other embellishments.  FUN!!!!  I have decided to make them slightly different this time as well.  I loved the process of covering the mixed media journal that I bought from the woman who hosts this swap; I have decided to make these cards in a similar fashion.

I caught a glimpse of some movement while driving home last night from work.  I was lucky to get this quick snap of the wood ducks that I had seen earlier in the farmers field not far from this bit of marshland. I think I am going to have to put my turbo zoom camera in my car so I can get some better shots when these opportunities turn up; they are often unexpected.  I love things that happen just "by chance". I love the late afternoon lighting as well!



When I first caught sight of these ducks, I would never have guessed that they were in fact DUCKS!  As you can see in the photo below their bills (beaks) are not very large so I thought they were birds!



No comments:

Post a Comment