Sunday, May 4, 2014

Not all Green is Good

Try as I might not everything in my sketchbook is great.  I don't think it is suppose to be but I do try.  I really liked the page I titled The Taste of Red and I tried a green one (at the suggestion that by a fellow student in my virtual classroom at Sketchbook Skool).  I'm just not loving it.  I did it several days ago but wasn't going to post it.

I just can't seem to get the greens just right or that right that appeals to my eye.  I found the green to "olive" or brownish or then it was too blue.  Agh!  Should get some better watercolours.



It has been cold today at 3C and it wasn't until almost 5 p.m. that the sun finally shone.  I went outside for a minute and actually saw some purple so I grabbed my phone and got a shot.


Finally some pretty spring colour out there!  This has been an awful spring after a horrible winter.  I am just so thankful that I have been keeping busy with art.

I am finally getting close to finishing up my postcards for the iHanna postcard swap  Unfortunately, I am late but I expect that I will have them all out in the mail this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment