Monday, December 1, 2014

Making Postcards for a swap



I'm making postcards again! I have just received my list of ten recipient addresses from Hanna Andersson via the iHanna Postcard Swap!  Love this swap and I almost made all my cards before the due date.  So again, I will be slightly late but all of my cards should be out in the mail this week.

I start this card with a simple drawing on vintage paper from music sheets and dictionary pages.  I had an inkling of an idea and wasn't sure if it would pan out.  I'm quite happy with this one.  I posted it on a FB group that I am on with and a woman commented on how she collected "pear" art so I sent this one out in the mail to her. I hope Susan likes it as much in person as she did from this picture.


This next postcard is still with me.  I haven't quite decided if I will just keep it our mail it out in my next swap.  I like the addition of the tree bark against the backdrop of vintage paper and watercolour. I call it "Sunrise over Lake Simcoe".  The lake is only a few miles from my home and I love going there especially in the morning to see the sunrise.

I really like the juxtaposition of elements in this card: the corrugated cardboard from a hot coffee sleeve and the bark beside the music notes and text page.



This next card is an acrylic painting of a book cover.  I didn't really much like the result so I have made it a mixed media postcard using gel pen for the sun over the wheat field and inked up bubble wrap for the orange morning sky.



I am not sure why I haven't mailed this one out either and I might as well for the next swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment