Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A House and a Panama Hat - kind of...

I went by this house at 158 Dunlop St E in Barrie and saw that the legal eagle firm has vacated the premises and the huge mansion of a house appears to be abandoned.  I have always loved this house when I drive by.  I stopped a year a go or so and attempted to draw it but was not successful.  So happy that I made the effort today.  Funny how people alway feel that they need to comment when they see someone drawing.  A fella went by walking his dog and he said, "Drawing the house, eh?"  Yes! Yes, I am!


Earlier this summer we were in the big city -Toronto Canada - to take a tour of Graffitti Alley just off Queen St West. It was the hottest day that we had up to that moment. We walked by this store and decided that we needed hats to survive the tour. My hubby bought this Panama hat and we were told that the way to tell a Panama from other hats is the woven circle in the centre.  I couldn't figure out how to draw the texture so I just drew. It is actually white and I didn't want to leave it as a contour drawing. Now it makes me think of a computer simulation during the graphics stage of hat building. 


No comments:

Post a Comment