Saturday, September 19, 2015

Tea bag art and our Finial

This past Wednesday, I meet up with my sketching buddy and we had a lovely lunch at The Blue Willow Rea Room in Gravenhurst.
 I think Martie was a bit surprised when I emptied the large folded tea bag out on my plate and placed it in my napkin to dry and stowed it in my purse. 

We are getting a new metal roof on our old house (circa 1892) and the roofers took down what was left of the finial on the one gable. The ornament has been damaged, eaten away by the exposure to the harsh elements over the many years that it has been on the roof. I wanted to draw and document it! 

I have also seen lots of interesting tea bag art and wanted to test it out for myself. I tore off a piece of the flip-over for this. I was very surprised at how lovely it was to draw and paint on. I am definitely going to be using the tea bags I have saved; however, I am actually a coffee drinker! 

Pilot Metropolitan fine nib pen and Payne's Grey watercolour in my Moleskine sketchbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment