Sunday, October 18, 2015

International Postcard Swap

For some this game will be a blast from the past; for others it will be completely new. The  idea of this game didn't pop into my head until I had everything glued down on the paper.  I thought, "What now?" Okay, I need to write some words. But what should I say?!!?  Poof! It came to me. 

I have joined an international postcard art swap and this is going to be one that I will mail out to a yet unknown recipient. (There is still time to join if you are interested!)

I have been reading Austin Klein's blog after I received his notebook in the mail, The Steal Like An Artist JOURNAL!  Most of us already carry our sketchbooks everywhere but this one is different!  I am enjoying it very much!  In addition I enjoyed watching the presentation he gave to Google.  

This is the way that I am "Stealing Like an Artist".... I happened upon Andrea Joseph's blog ages ago and was thrilled that she was an artist instructor in the Sketchbook Skool Seeing class. I have stolen from her and I hope I "made it my own" with the help of some collaged mixed media.  

I have "stolen" from other artists that I love and hope to do more; all the while changing the art up and putting my own spin on it! 

Just thought I would share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment