Monday, February 1, 2016

Everyday in February drawing group

I joined this month Facebook group to keep drawing in my sketchbook; we will be travelling all over the world! Since this is a separate group and this has nothing to do with documenting my life I'm using loose watercolour paper sheets and I'll get them bound later (maybe... Or re-use them in mixed media art)

My first stop on my itinerary for Group B is Austria. 

I drew the Cafe Vienna. At home in Canada, I am a Tim Hortons coffee kind of gal. It is the coffee of the ordinary person. 


I'm also reading Felix Scheinberger's 
book "Urban Watercolor Sketching".
I thought less would be more. I couldn't do the perspective justice when I drew this so I thought it would be way to hard to paint it too! 

If I was to actually go to Vienna I hope there would be another cafe on the opposite side of the stree so I could try drawing and painting this in real life.

My hubby brought home some clementines yesterday because he just knew that I would want to draw them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment