Sunday, February 21, 2016

Rabbit on vintage dictionary page

I posted this one on the weekend fine print challenge in the Sktchy app. I don't normally post on their challenges but this one spoke to me. 

I also posted this to the "Everyday inFebruary" drawing group.

I am in Romania today for this month of armchair travel. 

 Romania- I chose this sculpture/statue of Decebalus, King of Dacia, because I thought that it was something old. In fact, this project was funded by the 2nd most wealthiest man in Romania, I.C. Dragon. It took ten years to complete, from 1994-2004.  The rock carving is 40m (or 131 ft) tall, 12 sculptures worked on it.

It is located just outside of Orsova, Kazam Gorge, on the Danube River. 

Serbia is across the river and he has asked them to erect a statue of Trajan (if I read the info right, the victor in this instance) on their side but they refused. I expect he didn't wish to fund that project as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment