Thursday, March 10, 2016

Plastic food wrap and watercolour

Yesterday I wasn't feeling all that artsy after my trip but I decided to try an experiment.  I have been seeing a lot of art using gelli-print so I sploshed some watercolour on the page and laid some scrunched up food wrap over top. It was a good day for it since I had appointments to keep in town and I don't like watching paint dry! This isn't something new in watercolour but I have never tried it myself. When I got home and removed the cello wrap and looked at my sketchbook page, I thought "now what??!!?". 

This morning I drew a banana (cuz it is what I'm eating) in a mini Strathmore 400 series heavy weight drawing paper, cut it out and collaged it in my Moleskine. 

Experiment complete and I kind of like it the result. Has anyone else tried this??! I like the mix of abstract with the line drawing.


No comments:

Post a Comment