Monday, December 12, 2016

IPart1/2 Experimental background. I have seen this many times and finally made a point to buckle down and try it for myself.  


1. Slap Gesso on your page - let dry

2. I used permanent green deep acrylic paint.  Well watered down. I only applied on a quarter of the page at a time. I need to learn how to add more paint with out showing the line between the different quarters. 

3. Sprinkle 99% rubbing alcohol with a brush to create the organic shapes

4. LET DRY patiently or use your gizmos

5. Then I applied a greenish blue and did the steps above.

5 then I applied watered down white paint and sprinkled the alcohol on the paint. 


On the right page there are 6 layers. I didn't apply enough water to my paint so I added some organic shapes with Neocolor II crayon. 

I didn't add the last white layer on the left page and I actually like it better. Remember to WATER DOWN your paint enough or the alcohol won't be able to move the paint. 


I have to say that this was lots of fun! 



Part 2/2 Experimental background.  While I played in my. Sketchbook creating the background. I also had a watercolour page going. Then I thought- what do I do with this???!!! 


Then it occurred to me, to use the little food tray stamp fishes I made during ICAD 2016.  

Here is my end result. I'm happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment