Saturday, April 21, 2018

Cardinal - sketchbook page

A few days ago I grabbed a snap of our resident Cardinal.  He is a beautiful sight in the winter months but once he has deemed that spring has arrived he starts being his old pesky self.  He LOVES to peck at his reflection (possibly he thinks that “he” is an interloper) in the side mirrors of our vehicles.


A IG friend believes that he is trying to give us a message from a Spirit.  I don’t know anything about that!  I have found out that these birds can live a very long time.  In the wild, average 3 years but up to 15 years, although some have lived longer.  He has been pecking at himself now for five years already.  I think that is pretty amazing! 


Pen, watercolour, washi tape (love it when I can use that stuff), Staz-on ink with around the house stencils.  I wasn’t happy that I hadn’t planned the page better; don’t like the fact I stuck him smack dab in the middle of the page but I think I was able to rescue it.  I have more journalling to do with a bunch of facts about these birds that will fill the bottom. In my Moleskine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment