Friday, December 7, 2018

Red brick farmhouse card

Last Christmas card! Making more but they are repeats of these four.





This one has a lot of meaning for me as it is entrenched in fond memories of time spent with friends here.  Oh the parties in that huge farmhouse.  If doesn’t look it but it has a double staircase; the formal one at the front door and another steeper on just off the kitchen. 


The red brick farmhouses in this area are all made from Huntsville brick and that town is an hours car ride north of here. It is in the style called Ontario cottage and back in the day most people wouldn’t finish the house in order to pay less property tax. You can tell this was the case here as well since there is a door to nowhere above the front door. I only know of one house from the same era that has that door leading out to a balcony. 


A corporation owns the farm and sadly it has been left abandoned;  who knows how long it will remain standing without people living in it!  I added the text because that is the song that I was listening too at the time I was adding the snow.  


I hope the recipient likes my card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment