Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Sagrada Família

This double page spread took many days to complete.  I was watching a video and there was a discussion on beautiful buildings.  Obviously the Taj Mahal was discussed.  My mind wandered to the most beautiful architectural building I have ever seen - the Sagrada Familia., Barcelona Spain. Construction began in 1882 and it is still not completed.  The original design and concept was by Antoni Gaudi and he died in 1926 so it was hoped that the church would be completed by 2026.  This church has to be seen in real life to appreciate the beauty of the design.  Now this page doesn’t look like the church but it is representative of it.  The post-it note figure represents me walking up to the front door.

Pen, coloured pencils and acrylic gouache in my Moleskine Sketchbook 



No comments:

Post a Comment