Thursday, September 10, 2020

Hedge Trimming

Some of you know that I pretty much just document my (our) mundane life, so here is my completed page. I started this page last week with the drawing of the hedge trimmer while my hubby cleaned up the bits and bobs from his work.  I didn’t have a clue how to finish the page until it came to me the night before last.  It has been a long time since I have done any collage. The trimmer seems to be hovering on the page but I kind of like it that way!  Had I been thinking about composition, I would have added his hands.  Hmmmmmm......I still could collage them in even now (but probably won’t)!

If your wondering, the non-stick strip was just added there because the book was open at that page.  I was still contemplating how I was going to make the page “right” and give it a finished look.  

I went in straight with pen and messed up the perspective of the “business” end of the trimmer so I used gouache to partially hide that fact.  For me, tools are just so hard to do but I’m happy now and can finally turn the page! Moving on....

Moleskine sketchbook, Liquitex acrylic gouache, scrapbook paper, magazine images, pen and pencil crayons (that is coloured pencils for those of you in other parts of the world). 



No comments:

Post a Comment