Saturday, September 26, 2020

Painting the railing

I started this many days ago and thought I’d best finish it today .... finally.   Back in the day, when I was much younger I loved doing this chore in the heat of the summer because I would wear my bathing suit.  Now we are a tad bit older we prefer to paint when it is cooler. However I hope we can get this done while it is still warm enough.  Have I mentioned that my hand is sore and I’m happy to get a day off here and there.   Today we went to town, tomorrow we are back at it!! 

Just to be clear.... we have a very large deck that goes along the length of our house up to the front door.  Painting 194 spindles is laborious.  The shrub with the pink blobs is the hibiscus bush that my father gave to me as a birthday present.  The season is ending and the flowers are all shrivelling up.  It was prolific this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment