Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Negative painting

I watched a tutorial this morning on negative painting from the UK (2 pm their time and 0900 hrs Eastern time).  I wasn’t prepared but tried to follow along with the artist while she show us how she did a negative painting technique.  I only had my handmade sketchbook so I could only do one leaf.  She had previously prepared start on a much larger piece of paper. AnywAy I did what I could and this is what I created. 

They leave the posts up for a limited time on U-tube so I invite you to check out ShopKeepEasy for today’s free class. She did a truly wonderful painting with many layers with awesome results.  If you have the money you can take her full workshop on November 3 and convert 35 pounds to your money.  It is close to $60 CDN but that is still cheaper than SBS!! Sadly, I’ve already spend my wad for this month! 

Yup, I’m using 90 lb paper in my sketchbook so there is loads of warping anyway you get the idea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment