Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Sketchbook Project

I need to join a “procrastinators R-US” group, if there is such a thing!  Last Christmas I was gifted this sketchbook.  When the pandemic hit I lost interest and I didn’t start again until the summer.  It has taken me quite some time to decide what I want to put on each page.  Then when I did, I had to figure out, the how to do it so I would like it. Thank goodness my granddaughter had helped me to decide what my subject matter would be. I decided that I need to “pull up my socks” and just “get it done”!!  The gift included digitisation and because of the pandemic I just ignored the due date.  I don’t know many of you know about the Sketchbook Project but I invite you to check it out.  I love looking at other artists sketchbooks on line.  I had the opportunity to take a couple of sketchbooks out when the travelling library visited the Distillery District in Toronto some time ago. 

I’m using  Liquitex acrylic gouache and I did some stitching on the front cover.  I couldn’t make my North America and exact copy of a real map, it was meant to give an idea of travelling “At home and abroad”. 

Has anyone here submitted a sketchbook?! Is it digitised?! Love to take a look! 



No comments:

Post a Comment