Saturday, November 28, 2020

Shakell’s Wrecking yard

There was sun today so I decided to take advantage of it and go for a drive.  I went by Shakell’s and did a double back since I saw that it was closed.  I’ve never sketched at a junkyard before.  The sign said “beware of dog” but I don’t think that there is one actually.  “Old man Shakell” rode out on his ATV to see what I was up to, I’m sure he has a video surveillance system.  Funny thing is, he isn’t the original OLD MAN Shakell; his father had been the old man we had dealt with back in the day.  I have been there before many many years ago with a boyfriend who was looking for parts for a truck he was fixing up.  Yup, a woman of a certain age and alone in a car is definitely “HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS”!!  He asked me if I was an artist, I said yes and showed him my sketchbook. Curiosity and the cat ride again!

In my handmade sketchbook, I do wish I would have had the time to add colour.  I had another stop to make and it was getting close to sunset. 



No comments:

Post a Comment