Thursday, January 28, 2021

Swatches

No sketch today just some swatches.  I’m getting together another paintbox with some newer paints.  I don’t have many pages filled in my swatch sketchbook, I thought no would add some today.  I use a landscape watercolour Moleskine.  It isn’t my favourite but okay for this even though the paper is off white (white would be better for this task I think).  I have to say I enjoyed doing this and learned more about these pigments. 

The Dusk pans by Van Gogh are so much fun and I just love the granulation! All if them re-wet really easily.  I’m not sure but I think they are student grade paints.  Regardless, I like them a lot. The Stoneground Paint Co is a Canadian brand and I love the medium granulation of the graphite.  The natural earth pigment- Pipestone looks like Potters Pink to me even though it looks like a sienna in the pan. The mission gold paints weren’t what I expected, No. 2 shows it is transparent but it looks really thick to me.  Unexpected results so I think it was time well spent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment